July 6, 2022
It was such a pleasure to meet many of you during the Kindergarten Welcome Event. Thank you for taking the time to visit and to pick up your give-away bag from the Langley School District. We hope the items inside have proved helpful.
In order to help your planning, we have attached a copy of the Gradual Entry Schedule – Belmont – September 2022. Here are some important pieces of information from that schedule:
- The first day of classes for Kindergarten students is Wednesday, September 7th.
- There are two time slots for the first three days (Group A or Group B). There is a sign up for those time slots.
- The sign-up website will open on Thursday, July 7th at 12:00 noon and close on Tuesday, September 6th at 9 a.m.
- You will need to create a login and password in order to use this site.
- There will be one sign-up shown for French Immersion and another for English.
- The sign-up says it is for Group A and B on Wednesday, September 8th. The group you sign up for will be the group for your child for all three days where there are groups.
- Please note that times that students attend each day does change. Please refer to the gradual entry schedule for more specific details of days and times that students attend.
- There are temporary classes for the first five days. Students will have a temporary homeroom, but will spend time in both English classes or in both French Immersion classes. This will give teachers time to get to know the students and determine the best placement for their success.
- Permanent class placements will be emailed out in the afternoon of Monday, September 12th.
- That email will also include a link to sign up for a meeting with your child’s Kindergarten teacher. That family meeting will be a great opportunity for parents to share about their child in order to help.
- A pdf copy of the PowerPoint that we showed to parents during Welcome to K.
- An article named 9 Things Your Child will be Working on in Kindergarten.
- A copy of What’s the Buzz on Your Child. Most people filled this out at Welcome to K, but if you have not done so yet please fill it out at bring it on the first day.
We hope that everyone has a safe and healthy summer. We look forward to seeing everyone in September as our new Kindergarten students take this big step on their learning journey!