August 28, 2020
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in some changes to the regular routines of school. Kindergarten will still be taking place and learning will continue. We are looking forward to meeting your children and learning with them.
Click on this link for the updated Gradual Entry Schedule:
- The first day of class for Kindergarten students is Monday, September 14th.
- There are two time slots for the first three days (Group A or Group B). There is a sign up for those time slots.
- Thank you to those of you who have already signed up. If you have not yet signed up, please do so at this website:
- You will need to create a login and password in order to use this site.
- The sign up was built initially for other days and times, but will still apply now as we change times.
- It says it is for Group A and B on Monday, September 14th. The same groups will apply for all three days.
- Please note that times that students attend each day does change. Please refer to the gradual entry schedule for more specific details of days and times that students attend.
- There are temporary classes for the first five days. Students will have a temporary homeroom, but will spend time in both English classes or in both French Immersion classes. This will give teachers time to get to know the students and determine the best placement for their success.
- Permanent class placements will be emailed out on Friday, September 18th.
- That email will also include a link to sign up for an intake interview with your child’s Kindergarten teacher. That interview will be a great opportunity for parents to share about their child in order to help teachers prepare to work with them.
- A pdf copy of the PowerPoint that we usually show to parents during Welcome to K
- An article about key things your child will learn in Kindergarten
The Langley School District has always and will continue to put health and safety as a priority and learning will continue in a way that supports this. Below is a link with helpful ideas regarding talking to your children about COVID-19: Talking to Children about Covid-19.
We look forward to seeing your child in September as they take the first steps in their learning journey.